REGISTRATION INFORMATION: ITALY
Sunday June 29 – Saturday July 12
- Submit a resume, the first five pages of a recent screenplay, and a 1-page description of the writing project you wish to work on, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The program is designed for students with some screenwriting experience or training.
- $200 non-refundable deposit to reserve spot when we confirm admission.
- 50% deposit (minus $200) by January 31, 2014.
- Flight itinerary by March 15, 2014.
- Balance due and single occupancy surcharge (if applicable) by April 30, 2014.
- Signature of a liability waiver (to be provided later) by May 15, 2014.
- Refund of all payments minus $200 on or before March 15, 2014.
- Refund of all payments minus $1000 on or before April 15, 2014.
- Refund of all payments minus $2000 on or before June 7, 2014.
- No refund on or after June 7, 2014.
Unfortunately, we are unable to make allowances for illness or emergencies. Please see your travel agent about travel insurance for that.
Apply before 12/15: $3800
Apply before 1/31: $4000
After 1/31: $4100
Returning students receive a $100 discount on listed rates before 12/15, and $200 thereafter.
Students will share rooms. We will assist with matchmaking roommates.
One student may be able to upgrade to a private single room (the Yellow Living Room or the Panorama Room, refer to Michelangelo Screenwriting's description of the VENUE) for an extra charge. Let us know if you're interested, but please note that we will be unable to assign rooms until registration is complete. Students should expect to share.
We will not have room at the villa for guests who are not registered in the class. Couples who both register for the class are welcome.
- Tuition (see PROGRAM information).
- 13 nights lodging at Villa Michelangelo, a vacation home that typically rents for over $5000/week (read about the venue on the Michelangelo Screenwriting site HERE).
- 20 country-cooked meals — lunch and dinner on class days, catered to the villa. Please note that menus are fixed. We will make an effort to cater to students with special dietary needs and assist with any alternate arrangements they need to make.
- Basic breakfast and other supplies, such bottled water, milk, coffee, bread, jams, and toilet paper.
- Welcome dinner (tentative).
- Pickup and dropoff at the Camucia-Cortona train station, if required.
In the event that we cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment, we will refund all money paid to us. We suggest not purchasing airline tickets until we inform successful applicants that we have met our minimum interest level. However, we cannot be held responsible for air fares or other costs incurred by prospective students. In the event of force majeur, we will issue refunds to the best of our ability. Please look into travel insurance.
HOW TO PAY
We will arrange to receive payments from you once we confirm your admission.
Payments are by PayPal, U.S. check, or U.S. money order. If you wish to use a credit card, you can do so through PayPal.
For Paypal payments from outside the United States, we require a surcharge equal to 2% of the payment amount. For example, you would add $20 to a $1000 payment, for a total of $1020. We can also arrange for international wire transfers, but we ask that students cover the fees.